Saturday, October 01, 2011

Generations


First of all I have to say that General Conference was wonderful today! It seemed that the two-hour sessions just flew by. I can remember watching it even just a few years ago and each session felt like it was an eternity!!! I’ve come to love the messages the prophet and apostles share and no longer look at my watch continually. After the second session today, Generations bookstore had a “Women’s night out” where all the ladies go to the bookstore while the men are at the priesthood session. Apparently they do this every year but this was the first I’d heard of it. They have sales, book signings and refreshments along with many other fun things. I just ADORE Generations! It feels like every time I go shopping there I leave with a huge bill, lots of reading material and the desire to become better. Tonight was no different and I found some great deals. I ended up getting a few cookbooks and a book that tells how the scriptures can conquer many problems we face in life. I could use a few lessons in the kitchen and these cookbooks seem like a good ease into the complex world of culinary art. Anyways I just LOVE Generations and each time I walk inside I want to buy the whole place. My bookshelf has become overloaded but I just can’t help myself!   

No comments:

Post a Comment