Thursday, September 22, 2011

One Hundred Alligators And A Purse


 I had just gotten off of work at Costco last Thursday and had to kill some time in Sherwood Park before an interview at a dental clinic. I decided the best use of my time was to go to Michael’s Craft Store and browse the aisles. Lately I have been feeling like I need a challenge but I wasn’t sure what kind of task I wanted to take on. I started down the third aisle and then there it was - the puzzle section of this lovely craft store! I don’t think I have done one of these since I was a kid and I instantly knew this was what I was searching for. I’ve just graduated from NAIT and have been job searching but I can’t help but feel a void where Studying and working on school course packs used to occupy my time. I needed to find something to take care of the gap but still use my thought process, cause we all know what they say “if you don’t use it you lose it.” I carefully examined all my options and finally settled on this cute little puzzle titled “one hundred alligators and a purse.” 

To be honest the little guy brushing his teeth in the left hand corner was what sold me. While I was comparing and thinking of the challenge level I wanted (550, 750 or 2000 pieces) a girl who worked there came up and we started talking. We chatted about school, work, hobbies and interests. She was so sweet and very helpful! I love when you can go anywhere and have a great conversation with a complete stranger but leave feeling like friends. She even gave me a 50% off coupon so my puzzle purchase was even more justifiable. Some may find this silly but I’m so excited to get started. I am also still working on a quilt that I started three years ago so between these two projects, work and other life demands – I think I’m set!
                                                        750 is really A LOT of pieces!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE puzzles! Im always asking Scott to buy me one haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! I just started yesterday and it's a challenge but it's a great project!!!

    ReplyDelete